FoldingText 2.0 Release!

Just posted the 2.0 release:

FoldingText 2.0

I’m sorry this update took so long. FoldingText’s been rewritten 2 or 3 times since the last release. It’s been a long journey, but is back on track now.

Please treat 2.0 as a new app. Explore the menu’s, browse the documentation. Give it all another try. Changes are everywhere, here are a few of the big ones:

• Much improved editor. FoldingText now uses the open source CodeMirror editor component and is much more stable.
  • Expanded syntax highlighting. Markdown, GitHub Markdown, CriticMarkup, and large parts of MultiMarkdown.
  • New Software Development Kit. The API’s are now documented, more powerful, and easier to debug.

Onward to next version now!

Congratulations ! :slight_smile:

Is there a list of the part of Multimarkdown covered by FoldingText2 ?
I like to use MultiMarkdown for tables, reference links, footnotes and citation but none of them seems to work in the FT way.

I guess I should start afresh getting/installing plugins, then?
(My 1.x plugins seems all to be reporting “Missing package.json file” …)

The new version looks good! :clap: And editing user.less for adjusting the theme was very nice and simple. :smiley: :thumbsup:

@flips You probably don’t need to start “fresh”, much of the API is exactly the same. But they will need some updating. They now need a package.jsonfile included, and a few things in the API have changed… ask in the dev category if you run into problems or have questions.

I just created a list here.

Yesss. So glad to see 2.0!

I’d switched back to another markdown editor as it seemed like FoldingText development had become dormant. This is fantastic, though. I’ve been kicking the tires, and 2.0 is feels super solid. The menu structure seems really well thought-out, theming feels much nicer, and really enjoying the more subtle added features (e.g., text wrap to window, open application folder, software dev kit, etc).

Thank you, and well done, y’all.