Font-weight problem in Yosemite

Since I’ve updated to Yosemite folding text renders text a bit unpredictable when it comes to the font weight. As you can see in the attached screenshot. Thing is that if you scroll down to the paragraph that has a thinner font weight, it appears in the right font weight. And this way paragraphs change appearance on and off. Very distracting.

The thing to note is that I’m on a retina macbook!

PS: I’m on the latest app store version of Folding Text

Odd, I’m not sure. I’m on Yosemite and I don’t see that sort of problem, but I don’t have a retina display. I can’t be sure, but it seems likely that the problem is related to the way that text is updated as you scroll by CodeMirror which is the editor component that I use internally. Maybe a rounding problem.

Since late summer I’ve been working on/investigating how I’ll handle display in the next release of FoldingText, because as cool as the CodeMirror approach is it has a number of problems that are difficult to work around. Anyway it’s still some ways off, but the next release will use the HTML DOM in a much more standard and strait forward way, I would expect this problem to go away with that update.