Here are two KeyBoard Maestro macros which:
Make it easy to create and pretty-print text tables (MMD Format)
Provide conversion from simple outlines to nested MMD tables, and vice versa.
- Convert to, or pretty-print, an MMD Table (flat or nested)
- Convert from a (flat or nested) MMD table to an MD outline.
FT Table and Outline.kmmacros
- If you have installed Github for Mac you should be able to open and install the KM Macros by clicking the open button at the top of this page
- Otherwise save the plist text on that page as a text file with the .kmmacros extension, and open it in KeyBoard Maestro.
- Place your cursor anywhere in rough table or MD outline,
- run one of the two macros from KM.
- Performs automatic completion and monospaced pretty-printing of an existing MMD table containing the cursor,
alpha|beta|gamma 1|23|45 7|8|9
Is converted to:
| alpha | beta | gamma | |:-----:|:----:|:-----:| | 1 | 23 | 45 | | 7 | 8 | 9 |
- or converts a Markdown outline containing the cursor to a nested MMD table.
# Three Sections - Section One - 1 - 4 - 9 - Section Two - 16 - 25 - 36 - Section Three - 49 - 64 - 81
Is converted to:
| Three Sections ||||||||| |:---:|:--:|:--:|:---:|:--:|:--:|:---:|:---:|:---:| | Section One ||| Section Two ||| Section Three ||| | 1 | 4 | 9 | 16 | 25 | 36 | 49 | 64 | 81 |
- Reverses the kind of outline → nested table conversion above (gives an automatic table → outline conversion)
Place the cursor anywhere in a simple MD outline or a nested MMD table, and run one of these Keyboard Maestro macros.
The → Table script can also be used to pretty-print or complete a partially specified MMD table (nested - with some parent cells spanning child cells - or flat/tabular)
The → Outline script translates the nesting structure of the selected MMD table to an outline combining hash headings with tab-indented lists.
Example of a source outline and a table generated from that outline (previewed in Marked):
The outline and the MMD table text version in FoldingText:
- Pair of Keyboard Maestro macros for table completion, pretty-printing, and conversion MD Outline ⇄ Nested MMD table.