Tes consumes a lot of power

Hello,
I am using Tes version 1.2 (152) and I see that it consumes a lot of power, almost 70% on my MacBook Pro M1.

I think this great application should be optimised.
Thanks

Same problem here. Tes v. 1.2 is taking from 60 to 70 % CPU according to the Activity Monitor Window,

Mac Studio Ultra. 128Gb. 4Tb.

macOS Monterey 12.5.

Thanks

Tes consumes up to 140+% CPU on my laptop. This started with the update before the most recent one. It was never an issue before. I have to quit Tes to regain CPU power and app memory.

(MacBook Air M1 2020; Mac OS Monterey 12.4, 1TB, Memory 16 GB)

@MHC22,
It’s an issue caused by iCloud sync. If you don’t need iCloud sync turning it off solves the issue.

I hope to have this resolved in the next release. I apologize for the inconvenience.

–croy

1 Like

@Kilfir @MHC22 @Kalfer

This issue has been resolved, if you were using iCloud sync it should work fine now.

–croy

Curious how was this resolved outside of the app? (I don’t need iCloud sync, so it’s off))? I’ve been using v 1.2 for quite awhile, which I think predates your response here. My update panel says 1.2 is the latesst.

Still some quirky behavior in 1.2. For example when I press the assigned command keys, the panel opens, then the cursor takes over, moving up and down the list before suddenly stopping. Odd crashes at times too.

I made updates to the core data database and I didn’t push them to the cloud.

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by “the cursor takes over”.

David

Did not receive notice of your reply back in May. Just happened to check these forums toda due to on-going oddity when Tes panel opens.

When I open the Tes panel, the top item in the panel is hghlighted. Then the highlighted effect moves on its own down the list. Is 1.2 still the latest update?

1.2 is the latest released version. I will look into that issue. Thank you for letting me know